Alternative title: Sometimes Andy paints something non-Games Workshop...
2 months after getting back from the US, I finally get started on my Warmachine Khador boxed set. First up is Sorscha - I don't like the colour scheme on the box, as it's too much red. I know I've used the olive drab green a lot recently, but I think this complements the red well, without looking too "Christmas-sy", which is important, as I want to put snow on the bases - not something I've done before, but feels appropriate for the theme of the army.
One thing I have wondered about is the position of the hammer arm, which doesn't match the picture on the box, or any pictures I've seen online - it doesn't look unnatural, but I guess the piece must have got bent in the box?
The red is currently too pink/peach, I started off with Scorched Brown shaded with Devlan Mud, highlighted first with Dark Flesh, then Blood Red, and finally Blood Red with some Vomit Brown mixed in. In hindsight I should probably have used Scab Red and Snakebite Leather, but it's a bit late now. I'll tone it down with a watered down Devlan Mud and Thraka Green wash , which should take the pink/peach tint away, and then maybe re-highlight with Snakebite Leather. The Dark Flesh is a good first highlight (cheers Tom), I need to remember that for the future. I feel like I've made a good start on her, and looking forward to finishing her by the end of the week (he says hopefully).
As always, comments and criticism welcome!