Sunday 5 February 2012

A little Vampiric WIP and some shopping

Nothing too much to report, but I'm going to try and get a few more of these little updates done each week.

First up, the Vampire - the bat idea just wasn't going to work, so I hacked up a little polystyrene to go around the pins:


I glued some larger stones (Woodland Scenics medium ballast I think) to the top of that and coated the whole lot in PVA glue to make it a little tougher.  Unfortunately I managed to miss a couple of small patches with the glue, and the propellant from the spray on undercoat ate away part of it (D'Oh!).  The little holes were filled with glue and stones, and actually look pretty good. 

The lack of progress this weekend was due to a break in London, which included the usual trips to Forbidden Planet and Orc's Nest (who have a good restock of Reaper miniatures), but I also took a side trip to Waterloo and visited Dark Sphere a lovely little store with a good range of products and really friendly, helpful staff.  I didn't spend too much, but did manage to pick up Kapitan Ivanka and Granny Weatherwax as well as a couple of bottles of Vallejo paint to experiment with.

I strongly recommend you pay them a visit when you're that way, from my 15 minutes in there I spotted:
  • GW
  • Privateer Press
  • Infinity
  • Malifaux
  • Flames of War
  • Spartan Games
  • Avatars of War
  • Kromlech
  • Micro Art Studio
  • Scibor
  • ForgeCraft
  • Gale Force 9
  • Vallejo
  • Army Painter
Coming from Swindon, where we have GW, and not much else, it was a little bit of gaming geek heaven.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment