Steady but slow progress on Mr Classic Vampire (he doesn't have a name yet). Nurgle appears to have visited the Walker household, as both the wife and I are suffering from whatever winter bug is doing the rounds here in freezing cold Swindon.
I didn't want to do a bright red for this chap, so I went for more of a maroon colour:
- Base: P3 Sanguine Base - this is a nice colour, but does seem to take a couple of coats to cover a black undercoat properly
- Shade: Leviathan Purple wash - in hindsight, I should have watered this down a little, and maybe added some Baal Red, as it's gone a bit dark.
- H1: Sanguine Base
- H2: 2:1 mix of Sanguine Base and GW Vomit Brown
- H3: 1:1 mix of Sanguine Base and GW Vomit Brown
- H4: 1:2 mix of Sanguine Base and GW Vomit Brown
I reckon the colour has come out pretty well, and makes for a nice change from my normal red scheme.
Next up is the face - I'm going for a really pale skin tone, and I'm toying with the idea of some small tattoos on his face - not sure yet though...
As always, comments and criticism welcome!