A statement you would expect the wife to be uttering rather than me...
I realised how much time and effort I was putting into Ol' Mortis and how much I was worrying about trying to get him perfect. I wasn't getting anything else much done and it was putting me off picking up a paint brush. It never ceases to amaze me how the fear of not getting things right can stop me doing something that I love so much. So over the last couple of days I concentrated on getting him finished - he might not be perfect, but he's done and I can move on.
The face has come out well enough in the end, as I lightened up the shaded parts of the face. The shield is as good as it's going to get I think, and I'm pleased with the way the cloak came out. I dirtied up the feet and the bottom of the cloak a bit just to make it look like he's been traipsing through the dirt.
All in all, I managed to get myself past an irrational, self imposed mental barrier and finished him, and he doesn't look half bad!
Let me know what you guys think - comments and criticism welcome!