Thursday 7 April 2011

A quick update...

Not too much going on this week, a couple of projects ongoing, but nothing that I can share yet.  My first Warjack is proving to be a bit of a pain, but I should make some progress on it this weekend.

While my motivation is at a low ebb, I had a crack at this chap:
I'm not happy with the turquoise, I think I'm going to get rid of that on all my dark elves and replace with something more appropriate - any suggestions?  I'm happy with the cloak and the face, I've gone for a paler skin tone on this chap, and I've just noticed I've forgotten to do the eyebrows...

Comments and criticism welcome!

4 comments:

  1. Perhaps a deep yellow-brown would work. It'd have the same warm tones as the red face-scarf but not the slightly lurid tones of the tuquoise (no offense lol).

    Looking great in general though. Love the cloak

    ReplyDelete
  2. No offence taken mate, it looks dreadful on reflection!

    The brown is a great idea, making it look like hardened leather. I may go for a metallic on the kneecap spike though, as I think that's meant to be a weapon of sorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you've got your painting mojo back Andy – great to see the variety of models on your paint desk. I look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK so the brown has worked a treat (pictures tomorrow hopefully)!

    DarkTemplar, yep branching out a bit, I notice you are too from your blog?

    ReplyDelete