Saturday 2 April 2011

Going for a song...

I've just finished this miniature for a friend who's using it in a doubles tournament somewhere.  Apologies for the quality of the pics, I had "light" failure - one of my lights fell over and the bulb went...


This miniature was actually quite fun to paint.  I had serious "painters block" after doing the blue, but once I got past that, the wraithbone and yellow were quick and easy.  I stuck with a pretty limited palette, which I think works pretty well.  He's a bit more colourful than my usual style, but I painted him to fit in with someone else's army this time.
  • Blue - Regal Blue, Enchanted Blue, Ice Blue, Asurmen Blue glaze
  • Yellow - Calthan Brown, Tausept Ochre, Iyanden Darksun
  • Bone - Khemri Brown, Devlan Mud wash, Khemri Brown, Dheneb Stone, Skull White
  • Brown - Scorched Brown, Devlan Mud wash, Calthan Brown, Dheneb Stone
One thing I am pleased with is the weapon/instrument/singy-thing (no, I have no idea what it's called...):


I'm not sure if it shows up on the picture that well, but I used glazes of different colours so that it wasn't all bone-coloured - I tried to go for a more subtle effect, rather than strong colours - diluted GW washes are fantastic for this effect, and you can be controlled with them even in diluted form to give you a graduated look.

...and now I have to give it back to someone, rather than keep it myself and stick it in the cabinet, which is nice in that someone will appreciate it and use it, but it's a bit of a wrench to let go.

As always, comments, questions and criticism welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment