I haven't started casting any blocks yet, but I have started building something, using blocks I acquired from Jez. This was meant to be a small test piece to see how the blocks glued together, how things worked, etc, but as per usual, it grew into something a bit more interesting (and hopefully useful).
The majority of the blocks are from the Hirst Arts 4" Circular Fieldstone tower mold. A few of the bits didn't come out perfectly, with large air bubbles, hence why they hadn't been used, but I've started to fix these with a rounded metal work file. As this is a ruined building, it actually looks better with holes and battered brick work! It's mounted on a (now useless) CD, which is just about the right size. There are a few bits from the larger 6" circular tower (e.g. the right hand arrow slit) which I've sanded down to fit. Some more work is needed on some of these areas to "line up" the blocks in the walls. The grey stones are Woodland Scenics coarse ballast, I'll be using more of that stuff to make the broken walls much less regular looking.
From the other side it's no where near as interesting - the structure is going to be used more as a back drop for photographing and displaying miniatures (with them standing inside the ruins), but it will come in useful as a terrain piece if required. It does go to show how you can just grab a load of bits and throw them together to create something quickly - I still have plenty of work to do, but it's been a blast so far. I'm planning to paint it a grey-brown colour, and have loads of moss growing on it, maybe with some creeping ivy.
The back is most definitely on the mend, so painting should recommence soonish - off up to London this weekend though, so I'll be popping into Dark Sphere to get my hands on more goodies...
As always, comments and criticism welcome!