2 updates in 2 days? What is the world coming to?
The last week, alongside the Blood Angel Sergeant in the last post, I finally got around to finishing the Razorback I've had for nearly 2 years...
I'm really chuffed with the result, particularly the battle damage and "dirtification".
The Crimson Fist chapter symbols came out well too, plus the lettering on the scroll, if a little off centre, looks reasonable.
Most of the highlighting was done with drybrushing - not something I use much these days, but seemed the best method with a tank (without much freehand on it).
Colours used (DB = Drybrush)
- Blue: Regal Blue, Ultramarine Blue (DB), Ice Blue (DB), Skull White (DB)
- Red: Scab Red, Blood Red, Solar Macharius Orange
- Metal (apart from weapons): Tin Bitz, Badab Black wash, Boltgun Metal (DB), Chainmail (DB)
- Battle Damage: Chaos Black, Chainmail, stippled Tin Bitz
- Grey: Adeptus Battle Grey, Badab Black wash, Codex Grey (DB), Skull White (DB)
- Dirt: Scorched Brown (thinned), Calthan Brown (thinned), Dheneb Stone (DB), Skull White (DB)
This week I've set myself at least 2 miniatures to finish - one is Haldir from LotR (Elf Archer Captain, friend of Aragorns, gets killed in The Two Towers at Helm's Deep - Movie version), and the other is an old Empire swordsman. If those two get finished, I have an Eldar Warlock to get on with.