Sunday 1 November 2009

Progress...

OK, I'm getting pretty bad at this update malarkey - it's been over a week since the last one, so it's time to work on getting myself a bit more...well...regular.


So here goes.


The High Elf champion has been mothballed for a week or two - I'm struggling to work up the enthusiasm to finish him at the moment, so he's going to sit on the side while I work on a couple of other projects.


The Blood Angels Sergeant is done bar the basing:





Not overly happy with the red in the end, I'm going to have to think of a different way of doing it. The current recipe is:

  • Scorched Brown
  • Scab Red
  • Blood Red
  • Macharius Solar Orange
  • Wash of very thinned Leviathan Purple

It's about the right shade, but the transitions aren't as smooth as I'd like them to be, particularly getting close to the top highlight.  I want a "rustier" red - i.e. more the colour of blood, than GW do their Blood Angels.


Red's a bugger I've decided.

No comments:

Post a Comment